CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Final Port

Our last port was Puerto Vallarta. We had an awesome excursion booked for this one. We went on a canopy zip line adventure. It was SO much fun. First we took about a 45 min drive through the city and surrounding towns to get to our destination in the middle of the jungle. This was cool because we got to see what real Mexico is like, not just the tourist spots. The ride was an adventure of its own, we were with 6 other people and we all thought that it was better that the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland! I thought that I was totally going to freak out but when I got up there it was so easy and not scary at all. OK I take that back, after about 10 different zip lines, landing on single tree platforms 75 - 90 feet in the air, we had to rappel to solid ground. I was totally freaked out to do this but turns out it wasn't that bad or that hard! Notice the picture of the cattle herd. I thought this was hilarious. Everyone jumped up with their cameras (including Tim) to get a picture. After I asked Tim why he took a picture, he said "because it was a real cattle herd, you don't see that everyday." I said "Yes you do, they are out all the time in Manti!" Besides the mosquito bites I got all over my legs, this was a GREAT tour!
Allison didn't do the canopy tour because she is pregnant so when we got back, the two of us went to play on the beach and do some shopping. We definitely learned some valuable lessons for our next cruise. Number one, get away from the dock to find the best deals on Taxi's!
We had an absolutely AMAZING week and it was sad to see it end, although we all missed our kids. Tim and I were also sad to leave the beautiful sun and come home to cold, wet snow. Cruises are the best, total relaxation, no commitments, 24 hour food, endless amounts of food, entertainment, more food, and sleep! When can we go again?!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

watsonshuffle said...

I saw a sneek peek of your sunburned legs. Ouch! I'm glad you had fun, you deserve it. I can't beleive you were able to get those boys to dance...you'll have to show us the hot moves you learned.

summer c said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. We are actually going to Cabo in January. We're staying at a resort for about a week with no kids. Your awesome vaction is making we so excited!