CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Gone Camping!

This past weekend we went camping with Tims family. It was the first time that we had been camping with kids. I was a little nervous, especially because Maddux is such a crappy sleeper but it ended up being a pretty good adventure. We went up to East Canyon Friday night, set up the tents and had dinner. When Tim and I were first married we bought a tent that turned out to be pretty nice for us. We had room for our air mattress, Jacie's sleeping bag and our pack and play crib. Jacie woke up once in the middle of the night saying she needed a drink but we just told her to go back to sleep. Maddux slept until about 4am. He moves all over in his sleep so he doesn't keep a blanket on him and I think he just got cold (because it was cold!). As soon as I picked him up he was right back asleep.
Saturday morning we got up and headed to the lake. We rented some paddle boats and a canoe. Jacie wouldn't get in a paddle boat until we made her because "it was bumpy" but once she got on one she didn't want to get off. Tim and I took Jacie and Seth on a canoe ride but quickly took them back to shore after dropping the paddles twice and almost making us tip! The kids loved playing in the sand and water. When we finally left Jacie was passed out before we even made it 5 minutes in the car. Maddux on the other had never fell a sleep, instead he just kept squawking, too tired to fall a sleep!





1 comment:

Angie said...

That sounds like so much fun! I would love to do that with my munchkins! I think they would love sleeping in a tent! I love your pictures! Your kids are so stinkin' CUTE!