CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Random Thoughts

I am always thinking of things to blog about but never get around to it. Tonight the kids are in bed and Tim is playing XBOX so I thought I would post a little something.
An update on Maddux. The last two nights he has actually made it through the night. I think that he has made one or two whimpers but that's all. It has been great. There is one bad thing though, Jacie for some reason has come into my bed the last two nights. Seriously can I just sleep all night in my bed and not have the share my pillow? She has had a little bit of a cold and so I think she wakes up coughing or something and then decides to come into my bed. Its kind of funny, she comes over to my side and just kind of slides in, then later usually takes over the bed!
Last Saturday night was the Miss America Pageant. Even though I am a former "pageant girl" I have always loved Miss America. I remember as a little girl watching it every year. The whole family, well I don't think Kyle, would make sure we had a pen and paper and then we would make our list of who would make it to the next round. This year was cool for two reasons. One instead of having just the pageant they had a whole reality TV show about the girls with them competing in different areas. It was nice because you actually got to know the girls a little and not just see them walking across the stage. The other reason that it was exciting was that Miss Utah was from Manti and won Miss Utah as Miss Sanpete (I was Miss Sanpete). It was just cool being able to see someone I know competing for Miss America!
As of December I am pretty much a stay at home mom. I went from working once a week to just working one weekend a month. I must say it is VERY nice to be home but at the same time it is a lot of work! It is crazy that going from one day a week to nothing could be that different but it is. I do love it but it is taking some getting used to! I am trying to be a better housekeeper, trying to do more with my kids, and trying to find things that I can do for myself. If any of you have any organizing tips or things that you do to stay sane please share because I am running out of ideas!

2 comments:

The Redhead said...

I have found that staying sane with 3 and 2 year olds is almost impossible so if you need any tips for how to just deal with being crazy let me know. Also, thanks for letting Jacie come play, Ellie adores her and she is an angel. IF you ever need a break call me and she can come and play.

Becky Dura said...

My tip is to wait it out... the kids will grow up and enroll in school full-time... then you will find balance! :)