CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer Fun

I know I haven't posted for awhile but this is what we have been up to.
Maddux had his first hair cut. His hair is so thin but it was getting too long for me to do anything but a comb over so it was time!

I also cut Jacie's hair (I didn't actually do it, I had it done). It was getting so long but the longer it got the more tears we had when we washed it and combed it. I was hoping when some of the weight got cut off she would have more curl. I was wrong. Her curl is GONE :( The ends are a little curly and the front, but her cute little perfect ringlets are gone. I was so sad. For the most part I think I am over it. Her hair still looks cute and the number of tears has significantly decreased which has made it worth it. I do miss the 7 inches we cut off, especially on Sunday when now I have to actually do her hair!!

Jacie took swimming lessons. She did so good and loved it. Out of the 6 kids in her class only Jacie and one other boy did really well with the whole floating on your back and blowing bubbles. Two others liked playing in the water but didn't do too hot with the actual swimming. The other two didn't really like the water or the swimming.

Other than that we have played a lot outside, at splash pads, in the pool, and with friends. I love summer but to be honest, I will be glad when fall comes and there is more structure to our week. Jacie will have preschool 2 days a week this year and dance. I am looking forward to days when Jacie doesn't want to sit in front of the TV all day because there is nothing else planned.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

watsonshuffle said...

Nice picture of the kids playing barbies. I might need a copy of that for bribery in years to come.