CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Who Needs Sleep?

Have you ever heard the song by Bare Naked Ladies that says "who needs sleep, you never gonna get it, know needs sleep, tell me whats that for?" Well I thought in nursing school that was my theme song but these last 4 nights Maddux has decided to resurrect it. He was doing so well sleeping through the night and getting better at going to sleep by himself. The past 4 nights he has woken up at least once, one night it was twice (of course the night before I work!). He is up for like an hour and it is killing me. I have no energy the next day and just want to do nothing. Those of you who know me well, know how much I love and NEED my sleep! I don't know what to do. I want to let him cry but I don't want him to wake everyone else up. I would hold him but I don't want him to get in that habit. Any ideas?

4 comments:

watsonshuffle said...

I would let him cry himself to sleep. Yes, some peope think it is mean, but it works. Usually the older sibling is a deep sleeper and won't wake up to the crying. Give Tim and yourself some earplugs and tough it out for a few nights (easier said than done).

Kara said...

Good luck Kara, I can't get either of mine to sleep through the night! If you find something that works, let me know!

bandkworky said...

I don't really know but normally when Juliana doesn't sleep through the night it is because she is sick or getting sick. Hopefully that isn't the case for you, and then just let him cry for a few nights.

Cashelle said...

Good luck. I too have a hard time with problems like that. I'll do it one way and feel totally guilty and then do it the other way and then back and forth and back and forth.